Friday 21 October 2016

Quoting Bette Davis

“I think it’s a terrible hindrance for any female to have a lot of intelligence in private life, but I think in business it’s sometimes even worse. There’s deep resentment, no question about it, from the male side of the business. . . We all work for men, they’re the people in charge. I think they find women easier who don’t have the ability to think for themselves. One can make more enemies as a female with a brain, I think.” 
Bette Davis   



“Women are the essential part of the theater. But the writers are not writing about women, they’re too perplexed about the whole female situation.” 

Bette Davis   

“I think men have got to change an awful lot. I think they still somehow prefer the little woman. They’re just staying way, way behind. And so I think millions of women are happy to be by themselves, they’re just so bored with the whole thing, you know, trying to be the little woman, when no such thing exists anymore. It just simply doesn’t. This world’s gone way beyond it. The real female should be partly male and the real male should be partly female anyway. So if you ever run into that in either sex you’ve run into something very, very fine, I think."
Bette Davis




“When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch”
Bette Davis

“If men found out how to give birth to children they’d never propose again.”
Bette Davis



::: Bette Davis on the sexes: WATCH/LISTEN



photographs via and via and via and via

5 comments: